Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Reason for MOPS: No Mom is Alone

Recently, we became aware that one of our own MOPS moms was going through some extreme difficulties. Her husband was diagnosed with cancer, they have four kids at home, and she is the sole supporter of her family but unable to find a full-time job.

Many of our MOPS moms from both groups rallied together to provide her with much-needed supplies - from laundry detergent to shampoo, clothes for the kids, money for laundry and bills, even birthday gifts for her 11 year old son - you came together to support another mom.

Because in MOPS, you were not meant to walk this journey alone! EVERY mom needs the love and support of friends.

Here is a note from the mom that we helped:

This is just a little note to express my biggest thanks to everyone. You all have helped me in so many ways. I know my family and I have a long road ahead but it is so nice to know that so many people are praying for my husband and family. I feel so blessed to have so many friends :). For the clothing, gift cards, money and so many prayers and much more...... THANK YOU!!!!!! My family and I appreciate your help and prayers through this difficult time, more than you know.

I don't know what else to say but this is for everyone. God Bless all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment